- You will obtain the best effect if you stew the dish in a cast-iron or enamel dutch oven.
- The elements which are best to be stewed are less crisp, so the dish is rather cheap.
- It takes quite a lot of time to stew the meat, however preparing it is easy and not very time-consuming.
Example instructions on how to prepare the stewed beef:
- Place a pot with a thick bottom or a dutch oven on the medium heat.
- Dice the meat.
- Add a thin layer of oil on the bottom of the pot.
- When the oil is hot enough, sear the diced beef meat. Take the seared meat out of the pot.
- Brown the onion and the garlic. When the vegetables are tender enough, mix them with a few spoonfuls of the tomato puree and boil for 2-3 minutes. Add some red wine and boil it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Put the meat in the pot again, at the top of the vegetables, Then add some fresh herbs, such as thyme and a bay leaf. Season it with salt and fresh grinned pepper. Pour it all with beef bouillon. Place a lid on the pot, so that there is no space between them and put it to the oven heated up to 80 degree Celsius for about 2-3 hours.